News | Entertainment
2 Jun 2020 5:41
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Kathy Griffin has been sent home from hospital after spending time in a coronavirus isolation ward

    The 59-year-old comedian revealed this week she was battling "unbearably painful symptoms” associated with the respiratory illness - also known as COVID-19 - and said she had been taken to a specific isolation ward for sufferers of the virus, although she was unable to be tested


    And now, she has confirmed to the Los Angeles Times she’s back home after being diagnosed with an abdominal infection that is being treated with medication.

    During an interview with the publication, Kathy detailed her experience at the isolation ward, which she was taken to after feeling ill following a trip to Mexico with her husband Randy Bick.

    She said: “We were both nervous because we were still in the incubation period after returning from Mexico, but also we had not left the house in days. We’d been hearing about a 14-day incubation period [for the coronavirus]. So for me to get what felt like food poisoning after six days, I thought, OK, is this a coincidence or what?”

    Kathy praised the “heroes” who treated her at the hospital, but said the facility was not set up how she’d imagined, and there were no coronavirus tests available.

    She added: “Frankly, when they said the corona ward, I thought I would be walking into the white suits with blue-taped ceilings, everything. I kind of expected them to put me in a shower room and all that - but as recently as [Tuesday], there’s no cavalry that’s coming in handing out millions of [test] swabs.”

    The comedian was unable to get a test for the virus because her symptoms didn’t “meet the requirements” set out by the CDC.

    She explained: “The doctor was going through the boxes and going through the boxes [on a form] and she kept saying, like, ‘Ugh, because of the lungs, the fever and the kind of cough ... you don’t meet the CDC requirements.’

    “I just think it’s so obvious that those tests have to be accessible to everybody. A lot of people, when they hear the president saying everyone who needs a test should get one, then shouldn’t have to then go to a hospital where, frankly, they may be exposing themselves or exposing others.”

    Kathy first spoke about her symptoms when she took to Twitter to hit out at US president Donald Trump, after he claimed America is now doing "more testing than any other nation”.

    She tweeted: "He's lying. I was sent to the #COVID19 isolation ward room in a major hospital ER from a separate urgent care facility after showing UNBEARABLY PAINFUL symptoms. The hospital couldn't test me for #coronavirus because of CDC (Pence task force) restrictions. #TESTTESTTEST (sic)"

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     31 May: US man aims bow and arrow at Utah protesters demonstrating against George Floyd's custody death
     31 May: Scott Disick and Sofia Richie have reportedly split
     31 May: James Corden was told he needed surgery immediately when he went in for a check up
     31 May: Katie Price has praised her son Harvey for "defying all the odds" as she marked his 18th birthday
     31 May: Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello haven't had "one fight yet" in quarantine
     31 May: Anna Kendrick had a "pathetic" break up when she was 20
     31 May: Nikki Bella gave Artem Chigvintsev an "out" of their relationship when they first started dating
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Constellation Cup around Christmas is unlikely, but plans are forging ahead for the four-test netball series to be held later this year More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Government's backing a $27 million project that will see the horticulture, arable and wine industries work together like never before More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    George Floyd protests flare in the US for another night, tear gas fired at crowd outside the White House, as it happened 22:37

    Rugby League:
    Warriors prop Agnatius Paasi Paasi has taken the early guilty plea and will miss Friday's NRL game against the Panthers 21:57

    Environment:
    Flood protection works near Thames have held firm despite a massive storm that has seen almost half a metre of rain fall on the area 21:17

    Law and Order:
    A video has emerged showing a man attacking a police officer before being pepper-sprayed and tasered in central Auckland 19:37

    Motoring:
    A serious crash just out of Christchurch has backed traffic up for nearly nine kilometres 18:57

    Politics:
    The Labour Party has selected a nursing leader to stand in East Coast Bays 18:07

    Rugby:
    A Constellation Cup around Christmas is unlikely, but plans are forging ahead for the four-test netball series to be held later this year 17:27

    Rugby League:
    ARL Commission boss Peter V'Landys has given a thumbs up to the NRL rule changes 17:27

    Business:
    The Government's backing a $27 million project that will see the horticulture, arable and wine industries work together like never before 16:57

    International:
    Stolen Generations survivor Aunty Lorraine has been healing her mob for 20 years 16:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd