News | Entertainment
5 Apr 2025 1:37
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jamie Foxx is "on his way to recovery" after suffering a "medical complication"

    The 55-year-old actor was hospitalised following an incident on Tuesday (11.04.23), and his daughter has thanked fans for their "prayers" and asked for "privacy" at this time


    Corinne Foxx, 29, wrote on Instagram: "We wanted to share that my father, Jamie Foxx, experienced a medical complication yesterday.

    "Luckily, due to quick action and great care, he is already on his way to recovery.

    "We know how beloved he is and appreciate your prayers. The family asks for privacy during this time. Much love, The Foxx Family."

    It's not known what caused the Oscar winner to require swift medical care at this time.

    A source had told TMZ: "We're told his condition was serious enough that Jamie's family - some of whom were not in town - came to the hospital.

    "He's communicating now, and that's good news."

    Two days prior to the incident, the comedian was filming his upcoming Netflix action-comedy 'Back in Action' in Atlanta, Georgia.

    The movie, which is Cameron Diaz's big comeback, was recently hit by a bomb scare.

    The shoot in London was disrupted last month when the crew discovered an unexploded World War Two bomb close to where they had been planning to film a stunt scene on the River Thames.

    Filming on the explosive scene at London's Royal Docks was cancelled and the police were called.

    A source told The Sun newspaper: "The stunt was booked to take place last month at the dock. A 24-metre barrier was being erected into the river, where the explosion would take place.

    "But it was during the building of the set that they believed they found what they thought to be an unexploded bomb in the water.

    "Safety was the main priority, so after speaking with the police and relevant authorities the whole thing was cancelled."

    The stunt was later filmed on green screen at a studio in Surrey along with another action shot which also had to be canned.

    The insider added: "The cancellation was a massive blow to the film, which has already experienced a few issues ... It cost a huge amount of money and was a massive headache for everyone involved."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     04 Apr: Kevin Bacon doesn't let fame affect him
     04 Apr: Mark Ronson's DJ set has led to him being hospitalised
     04 Apr: Tarek El Moussa thinks Christina Haack will get married for a fourth time
     04 Apr: Richard E. Grant has used "blind faith" to get through difficult times
     04 Apr: Cher will "miss" her "pain in the a**" ex-boyfriend Val Kilmer
     04 Apr: Weston Cage has been granted a two-year mental health diversion programme by a judge
     04 Apr: Kristen Doute struggled to come to terms with her miscarriage because there were "no answers" for her
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Chiefs coach Clayton McMillan's preparing for a battle in the wet in a top-of-the-table Super Rugby clash with the Reds at Waikato Stadium tonight More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Economists are still expecting a drop in interest rates - despite strong headwinds in the global trade environment More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    Chiefs coach Clayton McMillan's preparing for a battle in the wet in a top-of-the-table Super Rugby clash with the Reds at Waikato Stadium tonight 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Kevin Bacon doesn't let fame affect him 21:48

    Entertainment:
    Mark Ronson's DJ set has led to him being hospitalised 21:18

    Law and Order:
    A man's been charged with assault - after an unidentified liquid was thrown at a Palmerston North parking warden last month 21:17

    International:
    What we know so far about the Australian superannuation fund cyber attacks 21:07

    Entertainment:
    Tarek El Moussa thinks Christina Haack will get married for a fourth time 20:48

    Entertainment:
    Richard E. Grant has used "blind faith" to get through difficult times 20:18

    Entertainment:
    Cher will "miss" her "pain in the a**" ex-boyfriend Val Kilmer 19:48

    Entertainment:
    Weston Cage has been granted a two-year mental health diversion programme by a judge 19:18

    Politics:
    National wants to get the Treaty Principles Bill over and done with 18:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd