News | National
21 Feb 2026 9:08
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > National

    Hastings District Council has decided not to open Splash Planet this summer, for the first time since 1998

    Hastings District Council has decided not to open Splash Planet this summer, for the first time since 1998


    The popular water park was Hawke's Bay's main visitor attraction last summer.

    It could open under Alert Level two, but the health risk has been judged too high.

    Hastings Mayor Sanda Hazlehurst says athough difficult - the decision will save costs and give staff and the public certainty.

    © 2026 Newstalk ZB, NZCity

     Other National News
     21 Feb: Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season
     21 Feb: Paintings, sculptures and murals will be on display on Auckland's waterfront over the next month
     21 Feb: Hurricanes returnee Josh Moorby has celebrated his first game back in Super Rugby in style in their campaign-opening win in Wellington
     20 Feb: The Central Stags have posted a massive 211-run win over the Wellington Firebirds, to book their place against Canterbury in Sunday's one-day men's cricket final
     20 Feb: Andrew’s arrest: will anything like this now happen in the US? Why hasn’t it so far?
     20 Feb: The Wellington Phoenix men's coach wants to rally not only his troops but also the fans, ahead of tomorrow's final New Zealand derby against Auckland FC
     20 Feb: Is AI really ‘intelligent’? This philosopher says yes
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical" 8:47

    Soccer:
    Satisfaction for the Phoenix women after salvaging a point from their last game in football's A-League before the latest international break 8:36

    Entertainment:
    Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows 8:17

    International:
    Donald Trump says he's considering a limited military strike on Iran to pile on the pressure for a nuclear deal 8:16

    General:
    To the Winter Olympics in Livigno.. 8:06

    Rugby:
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics 7:56

    Law and Order:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's future uncertain under monarch willing to let 'the law take its course' 7:56

    Entertainment:
    Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations 7:47

    Business:
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season 7:46

    Business:
    Paintings, sculptures and murals will be on display on Auckland's waterfront over the next month 7:36


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd