News | Law and Order
22 Feb 2026 15:14
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Law and Order

    Jeffrey Epstein's estate agrees to pay up to $US35 million to settle class action

    Jeffrey Epstein's estate has agreed to pay as much as $US35 million to resolve a class action lawsuit, according to a court filing on Thursday.


    Jeffrey Epstein's estate has agreed to pay as much as $US35 million ($A49.5m) to resolve a class action lawsuit, according to a court filing.

    The lawsuit accused two of the disgraced financier's advisers of aiding and abetting his sex trafficking of young women and teenage girls.

    Boies Schiller Flexner, the law firm representing Epstein victims, announced a $US35 million settlement in a brief filed in federal court in Manhattan.

    If approved by a judge, the deal would end a 2024 lawsuit against Epstein's former personal lawyer Darren Indyke and former accountant Richard Kahn, who serve as co-executors of his estate.

    Epstein's estate had previously set up a restitution fund that paid out $US121 million to victims. The estate also paid an additional $US49 million in settlements to victims.

    Neither Mr Indyke nor Mr Kahn "made any admission or concession of misconduct" as part of the settlement made public on Thursday, their lawyer Daniel H. Weiner said in an emailed statement.

    "Because they did nothing wrong, the co-executors were prepared to fight the claims against them through to trial," Mr Weiner said.

    "... but agreed to mediate and settle this lawsuit in order to achieve finality as to any potential claims against the Epstein Estate."

    Mr Weiner said the settlement would provide "a confidential avenue for financial relief" for Epstein victims who have not already resolved claims against the estate.

    Epstein died in a New York jail in August 2019, his death was ruled a suicide.

    In the 2024 lawsuit, lawyers at Boies Schiller Flexner said Mr Indyke and Mr Kahn had helped Epstein create a complex web of corporations and bank accounts that allowed him to hide his abuses and pay victims and recruiters, while leaving the two men "richly compensated" for their work.

    The Boies law firm had previously helped secure $365 million in settlements with JPMorgan Chase and Deutsche Bank after accusing the banks of overlooking red flags about Epstein, who had once been a lucrative client.

    Reuters


    ABC




    © 2026 ABC Australian Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved

     Other Law and Order News
     22 Feb: Christchurch City Council says no previous complaints had been made about two dogs involved in an attack yesterday, that left three people injured
     22 Feb: A person's suffered moderate hand injuries, after a dog attack in Timaru's Andrew Street
     21 Feb: How Reuters captured that photo of former Prince Andrew leaving custody
     21 Feb: A warning to Southland residents after a number of rural burglaries
     21 Feb: Four teenagers have been charged by New South Wales Police over the drive-by shooting of former NRL player Matt Utai in Sydney
     21 Feb: Auckland Council says current dog control laws are reactive - not preventative
     21 Feb: Armed Police were called to a street in Te Puke overnight, after a person was injured in an assault
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year 14:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Two people have died and another three are in a critical condition, after a two-vehicle crash on State Highway 1 in Marlborough 14:47

    Entertainment:
    The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues 14:47

    General:
    Alisa Camplin-Warner calls for more funding after historic 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics 14:17

    Entertainment:
    Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem" 14:17

    Soccer:
    Wellington Phoenix football coach Giancarlo Italiano is stepping down with his head held high 14:07

    Entertainment:
    Brandi Glanville has finally discovered the cause of the facial disfiguration which aged her "20 years overnight" 13:47

    Cricket:
    The Black Caps are trying not to be upset at their T20 World Cup match against Pakistan being abandoned due to rain in Colombo 13:37

    Law and Order:
    Christchurch City Council says no previous complaints had been made about two dogs involved in an attack yesterday, that left three people injured 13:27

    Law and Order:
    A person's suffered moderate hand injuries, after a dog attack in Timaru's Andrew Street 13:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd