News | Technology
31 Aug 2025 18:51
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Technology

    The Ministry of Education is warning schools not to open any threatening emails

    The Ministry of Education is warning schools not to open any threatening emails


    Police are investigating after emails were sent to a number of schools this morning.

    They won't reveal numbers - but our newsroom understands it includes schools in Auckland, Wellington, Rotorua and Queenstown - where one school says they received a bomb threat.

    The Ministry says they're offering support to the those affected.

    © 2025 Newstalk ZB, NZCity

     Other Technology News
     18 Aug: FOI emails raise new questions about government's role in scientific report into Murujuga rock art
     15 Aug: The 'aura farming' boy danced for tradition, then the internet turned it into a trend and a trap
     08 Aug: ‘Slutty little glasses’: men’s eyewear fashion is the history of seeing – and being seen
     09 Jul: A computer science expert's reinforced that AI shouldn't be used to cut corners
     04 Jul: Tasman residents have been left with conflicting messages over what to do when mobile phones have no service
     04 Jul: Chorus is apologising for yesterday's mobile phone and internet outage in Tasman's Golden Bay, which affected 111 calls
     10 Jun: The Otago Regional Council's admitting further privacy breaches, during an investigation into it sharing the email addresses of hundreds of people
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A road freight association's raising concerns a yet-to-be-strengthened Hawkes Bay bridge's costing the region millions More...



     Today's News

    International:
    No Spend September is kicking off on social media to help people save 18:37

    Rugby:
    Halfback Faf de Klerk will join the Springboks in Auckland ahead of Saturday's Rugby Championship contest against the All Blacks at Eden Park 18:37

    Auckland:
    There are reported injuries after a two car crash in Auckland's Stanmore Bay 18:07

    Motoring:
    NASCAR driver Shane van Gisbergen is relishing the bumper-to-bumper schedule of his new discipline 17:37

    Basketball:
    The Breakers battle the Cairns Taipans tonight in their second NBL Blitz preseason basketball match in Canberra 17:27

    Law and Order:
    A former Welsh rugby international is scoffing at the smart mouth guards used to detect a knock to the head 16:57

    Law and Order:
    The wife of a gunman who allegedly killed two police officers in rural Victoria last week, has urged her husband to surrender 16:17

    Rugby:
    Damning claims from a former Welsh rugby international about New Zealand Rugby Players Association boss Rob Nichol 16:07

    Rugby:
    22-year-old hooker Jack Taylor is hoping to replicate Southland rugby greats of years gone by when they tackle Waikato in their Ranfurly Shield NPC contest in Hamilton this afternoon 15:27

    International:
    Molly's death scene on A Country Practice is iconic. Anne Tenney and Shane Withington have never spoken together till now 15:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd