News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 15:52
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Andrew could reportedly have his royal patronages restored if he wins his upcoming legal case

    The 61-year-old prince's military titles and royal patronages were returned to the Queen earlier this month, but they could be restored if he wins the civil case brought against him by Virginia Giuffre, according to an insider.


    Speaking to The Times newspaper, the source said: "I think if the Queen is still alive and his name is cleared I would say that at that point what reason would there be for him to be barred from taking part in royal duties?"

    Asked if the situation will be any different if Prince Charles is on the throne, the insider explained: "It's a different decision-maker and different people influencing him and therefore it's slightly less predictable.

    "I think his brother is a very reasonable and intelligent person and I'm sure he will do what's right for the royal family and for the country."

    Buckingham Palace recently confirmed that Andrew's royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

    It was also announced that he will "continue not to undertake any public duties".

    A statement explained: "With the Queen's approval and agreement, the Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

    "The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."

    The decision was taken after a judge confirmed that Andrew will face a civil case in the US over allegations he sexually assaulted Giuffre when she was 17.

    Giuffre filed a civil suit against Andrew on August 9, 2021, using a New York state law that allows survivors of childhood sexual abuse to sue, regardless of whether the alleged crimes took place outside the statute of limitations.

    Andrew has repeatedly denied Giuffre's allegations.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival
     30 Nov: Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban
     30 Nov: Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series
     30 Nov: Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them
     30 Nov: Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     30 Nov: Will Arnett adores his 1990s supermodel girlfriend Carolyn Murphy's "generous spirit"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Golf:
    A rusty return for golfer Ryan Fox at the Australian PGA Championship in Brisbane 15:47

    Entertainment:
    Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival 15:38

    Politics:
    Labour plans to make it easier for doctors and nurse practitioners, to open or buy into local clinics, with low-interest loans 15:27

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban 15:08

    Cricket:
    England pace bowler Mark Wood is set to be ruled out of the second Ashes Test with a knee injury...in a massive blow to the tourists' hopes at the Gabba 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series 14:38

    Entertainment:
    Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them 14:08

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling isn't letting a finger injury deter him during SailGP's Abu Dhabi grand final 14:07

    Soccer:
    No excuses for Auckland FC ahead of today's A-League match with Newcastle at Mt Smart 13:47

    Entertainment:
    Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002 13:38


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd