News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 14:14
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Conan O'Brien's set has been robbed

    The 57-year-old presenter has been broadcasting 'Conan' from Los Angeles' Largo at the Coronet nightclub in a bid to help the venue amid the coronavirus pandemic and revealed during Monday's (26.10.20) show that thieves had "broke in" and not only stole several laptops, which were used to conduct Zoom interviews, but also the programme's clapperboard, a wooden device that helps synchronise sounds and pictures


    Speaking to his comedy sidekick Andy Richter, Conan said: "Someone broke into our little theatre and took some of our equipment. We got robbed, Andy. Robbed!

    "And whoever broke in here had to stare at 350 cardboard cutouts of exuberant fans in the eyes and say, 'Hey, don't mind me. I'm going to steal some s***.' "

    After learning from producer Jason Chillemi what the culprit had taken, Conan added: "That's the lowest. I can't think of anything lower.

    "Okay, the laptops — fine. [But] you took the slate? That's crazy."

    But Conan was also able to see the funny side, joking about what has become of the show because "no one breaks into 'The Tonight Show' and steals all the equipment."

    He laughed: "What happened to us? We've become this garage band that drives around. We've got our van and we parked it in an alley, and someone broke in and took our amps.

    "What is that? This doesn't happen to the other talk show hosts. What kind of new low is this for us. Man, just for the laugh alone, maybe it's worth it."

    The comic announced in July he'd be broadcasting from the famed comedy venue, opting to have guests call in via video link and for fans to submit photos of themselves to be part of a fake audience.

    He said at the time: "I got started doing improv at the Coronet in 1986 and I’m glad we’ve figured out a way to safely keep that theatre going during this lockdown."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     29 Nov: Charli xcx admits being a "pop star" is "fun" - but it's also "stupid" and "embarrassing" at times
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged 14:08

    Motorsports:
    Ryan Wood has qualified fastest for the top 10 shootout ahead of today's second race at the Supercars grand final in Adelaide 14:06

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 13:07

    Rugby:
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 13:07

    Basketball:
    A glass half full mindset for the Tall Blacks basketballers after letting a chance slip for a rare victory over their Australian counterparts 13:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd