News | Entertainment
19 Feb 2026 17:31
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Naomie Harris "doesn't feel safe" to go out after being targeted by a stalker

    The 44-year-old actress suffered a panic attack and "felt the blood rush from her" when Ii Ovisyonairo Ii tracked her down at her home in north London because she “genuinely felt he was going to try and come inside the house and hurt her”


    Prosecutor Philip McGhee told Wood Green crown court: “She doesn’t feel safe when she goes out and struggles to sleep. She is going to be looking over her shoulder until she knows the defendant can’t hurt her. She is genuinely petrified about what he might do to her and doesn’t feel safe even when she comes home.”

    The 37-year-old farm labourer had made attempts to contact a string of famous women before turning his attention to the 'Skyfall star', who he first tried to be introduced to by booking Reiki sessions with her mother, Carmen, and attempting to turn the conversation around to her famous daughter.

    In a string of messages, he revealed he had been monitoring Naomie's media appearances and wanted to meet her on 11 November, 2019, a date he "“hoped would become their anniversary”.

    He eventually obtained the 'Rampage' star's address and sent her an 11-page “heavily fragranced” letter on red paper on 13 February this year, in which he dec lared hat he was “fond of her and she was the one”.

    More letters, filled with "highly sexualised" references were sent over the course of the next week, before he arrived at the star's door while she was on the phone to a friend on 29 February.

    According to the Evening Standard newspaper, the prosecutor said: "Her friend described Harris dropping her voice, whispering in a terrified tone that the man who had been stalking her was at her front door."

    The court heard he had saved Naomi's address in his Sat Nav as "home".

    Recalling the moment when Ii arrived at her house, the prosecutor said: "She was incredibly scared and shocked by this. She was absolutely petrified, she says she felt out of breath and felt the blood rush from her.”

    Naomie was left "shocked and shaking" by the man's actions and has now changed the locks to her house and fitted a new security alarm, as well as asking taxi drivers to wait until she's reached her front door before driving away.

    Police arrested the man at a farm near Canterbury, where they found passports in different names, women's clothing, a dossier on Naomi and letters from other famous women rejecting his advances.

    Judge Noel Lucas QC said: "There seems to be clear evidence that Mr Ii has had a fixation on other women, glamorous women, women in the media, in the past. He frightens me.”

    The court was told Ii - who changed his name by deed poll and was known to others as Christian - has Asperger’s Syndrome and is “shy and can’t communicate with women”.

    He apologised to Naomie in a letter to the court, in which he admitted he was "ashamed of his actions."

    He will be sentenced on Friday (23.10.20) after admitting two stalking charges against the actress and her mother.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    A man has been fined 14-thousand dollars and sentenced to 180-hours community service for running an unlawful security company 17:27

    Business:
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion 17:07

    Skiing:
    An avalanche in Northern California was the worst in the US for 40 years. Here's how it unfolded 17:07

    Soccer:
    A hammer blow to the Wellington Phoenix's hopes of finally beating Auckland FC in an A-League derby 16:57

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 16:57

    Business:
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly 16:17

    National:
    Why big oil is not interested in Venezuela 16:07

    Law and Order:
    A Rotorua rest home will go to trial in October - over the death of a resident after a fire 15:27

    Law and Order:
    Christchurch Police have confirmed a gang-related altercation on Northcote's Hoani Street last night involved firearms 14:57

    Cricket:
    Former White Ferns batter Lauren Down has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket 14:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd