News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 8:27
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Harry reportedly wrote a “deeply personal” note to his father, Prince Charles, before Prince Philip’s funeral

    The 36-year-old royal returned to the UK for the funeral of his grandfather – who passed away aged 99 on April 9 – after moving to California with his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and their 23-month-old son Archie following their decision to step down as senior royals last year


    And whilst back in the UK, it has been reported Harry wrote a letter to his father to fully explain his reasons for leaving, especially after he and Meghan gave a tell-all interview to Oprah Winfrey last month in which Harry admitted he had barely spoken to his father since the heir to the throned “stopped taking” his calls.

    Sources close to the Duke of Sussex have told the Daily Mirror newspaper that Harry "outlined his reasons for leaving" in his letter to Charles, and promised to "respect the institution".

    The insider added: “Truth be told, Harry didn’t really know what to expect before he came home, which is why he reached out before seeing everyone.

    “He wrote a deeply personal note to his dad to try and set things straight but tensions are still running high and things haven’t exactly ironed out the way he had hoped.

    “There had been a kind of unspoken agreement between everyone to park whatever has been on each person’s mind, and solely concentrate on supporting the Queen ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral.

    “The feeling inside the camp was that it wasn’t the time nor the place to go over things, especially at such an emotional time for everybody involved.”

    The news comes after Harry and his older brother, Prince William, shared a private chat as they walked together following Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday (17.04.21).

    The siblings hadn’t seen each other in person for several months after Harry moved to the US with Meghan – who is currently expecting the pair’s second child – but seemed to put rumours of a rift to bed when they were spotted chatting as they walked up Chapel Hill in the grounds of Windsor Castle, accompanied by the Duchess of Cambridge.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Jodie Sweetin first drank alcohol at Cadance Cameron Bure's wedding when she was just 14
     30 Nov: Sir David Beckham amuses fans by recreating his "be honest" moment from his documentary
     30 Nov: Keith Urban helped a contestant reshape her song about marriage during the latest episode of his CBS/Paramount+ reality series The Road
     30 Nov: Selma Blair feels "very, very lucky" to have been in remission from Multiple Sclerosis for a "couple of years"
     30 Nov: Ethan Hawke's daughters wish he hadn't appeared in a Taylor Swift music video
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly has compared his intimate skills to those of a Formula 1 driver
     29 Nov: Arnold Schwarzenegger has detailed how a visit to mark Veterans Day inspired him to organise a private film screening for former service members
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok skipper Siya Kolisi is sticking up for Eben Etzebeth , despite the big lock being sent off for eye gouging in South Africa's huge 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Hockey:
    The New Zealand men's have lost to Belgium 5-1 in their final pool match at 2025 Sultan of Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia  8:17

    Entertainment:
    Jodie Sweetin first drank alcohol at Cadance Cameron Bure's wedding when she was just 14 8:08

    Soccer:
    Auckland United have achieved their third consecutive women's national league title with a one-nil win over Eastern Suburbs in their final in Auckland 8:07

    Motoring:
    Kiwi Formula One driver Liam Lawson will start 12th on the grid for tomorrow's Qatar Grand Prix 7:57

    Motoring:
    Chaz Mostert has kept his Supercars title hopes alive after a remarkable drive in the penultimate race of the season in Adelaide 7:47

    Entertainment:
    Sir David Beckham amuses fans by recreating his "be honest" moment from his documentary 7:38

    International:
    Why Barbados became a republic and cut ties with the British monarchy 7:37

    Rugby:
    Springbok skipper Siya Kolisi is sticking up for Eben Etzebeth , despite the big lock being sent off for eye gouging in South Africa's huge 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff 7:37

    Motoring:
    Qualifying is underway for Formula One's Qatar Grand Prix 7:27

    Soccer:
    Sunderland is a surprise fourth in the English Premier League after a 3-2 win over Bournemouth 7:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd