News | Entertainment
16 Feb 2026 21:10
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Donald Trump was desperate to star in 'Dynasty', according to Dame Joan Collins

    The 88-year-old actress starred as Alexis Colby in the hit TV series, and she's revealed that the former US President did everything he could to join the cast


    She told 'The Jonathan Ross Show': "He pretended to be [taken with me] - I don't think he was.

    "I was a great friend of [his ex-wife] Ivana's. Then he called up one of the producers from 'Dynasty' and said, 'I want to be in 'Dynasty'.' He said, 'I'm sorry we're all cast.' Trump said, 'But, I am 'Dynasty'!' And he said, 'No you're not. We have all these other people.'

    "Trump said, 'Look, I'd be great to play one of Alexis's lovers.' He said, 'I think those parts – there was a few! – have been cast.' A few weeks later, [the producer] spread this story around Hollywood, he [Trump] denied it. Trump said, 'I would not want to be Joan Collins' lover on or off screen.' Which I thought was rather rude!"

    Joan starred on the hit show between 1981 and 1989, and previously admitted to loving the role.

    The actress also confessed to knowing nothing about the soap before the idea was put to her.

    She shared: "First of all, I’d never heard of it.

    "My agent said, 'They want you to be in 'Dynasty',' and I said, 'What is that, a Chinese restaurant?' But I loved the role.

    "One of the only things that upset me about playing Alexis is that so many people thought that I was just like that. Even some of the cast would say, 'Oh, my God - that sounds so real. Did you really mean it when you yelled at me like that?' I said, 'No, darling. It’s called acting.'"

    'The Jonathan Ross Show' airs on Saturday (23.10.21) at 9.30pm on ITV and ITV Hub.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     16 Feb: Margot Robbie has credited Rachel McAdams with helping her land all her major roles
     16 Feb: Daisy Lowe is pregnant with her second child
     16 Feb: Ashley Roberts wrongly announced Dick Van Dyke had died instead of James Van Der Beek
     16 Feb: Jesy Nelson's petition with Parliament, to demand all newborn babies born in the UK are tested for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), will receive a response from the UK government after it was signed more than 66,000 times
     16 Feb: The FBI has revealed "new identifying details" about a suspect in Nancy Guthrie's disappearance
     16 Feb: The Backstreet Boys would love to perform the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2027
     16 Feb: 'Signal sniffers' used in search for missing person Nancy Guthrie's pacemaker
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Super Rugby referee clanger in round one More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Severe weather has impacted the housing market More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Margot Robbie has credited Rachel McAdams with helping her land all her major roles 20:57

    Entertainment:
    Daisy Lowe is pregnant with her second child 20:27

    General:
    How cheating allegations have rocked the curling teams at the Olympics 20:17

    Entertainment:
    Ashley Roberts wrongly announced Dick Van Dyke had died instead of James Van Der Beek 19:57

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson's petition with Parliament, to demand all newborn babies born in the UK are tested for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), will receive a response from the UK government after it was signed more than 66,000 times 19:27

    Business:
    Severe weather has impacted the housing market 18:57

    Entertainment:
    The FBI has revealed "new identifying details" about a suspect in Nancy Guthrie's disappearance 18:57

    Environment:
    Almost 5-thousand households across the Wellington region remain without power 18:37

    Entertainment:
    The Backstreet Boys would love to perform the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2027 18:27

    Entertainment:
    'Signal sniffers' used in search for missing person Nancy Guthrie's pacemaker 18:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd