News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 18:47
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban

    On September 29, it was confirmed that the 58-year-old actress and the 57-year-old country singer had separated after 19 years of marriage, with People reporting the following day that Nicole had filed for a divorce after almost 20 years together.


    Wicked: For Good star Ariana Grande, 32, asked Nicole in a conversation for Interview magazine - which took place on October 19 - how she is doing, to which the Babygirl actress replied: "I'm hanging in there."

    Nicole and Keith had been living separately "since the beginning of summer" - according to E! News.

    And elsewhere in her and Ariana's interview - published on Monday (24.11.25) - Nicole revealed she had a strong support network from her Practical Magic 2 co-stars when they shot the movie in London over the summer.

    Nicole said: "I produce and then star in a show called Lioness, which I'm doing right now, but we shot the sequel to Practical Magic over the summer in London, which was so fun.

    "Sandy Bullock and I, and then Joey King and Maisie [Williams] - we had an incredible cast. A lot of times I don't have fun when I'm filming because it's more..."

    The Eternal Sunshine singer chimed in: "Emotionally draining."

    Nicole replied: "Yeah. But I have such a strong relationship with all those women, so I felt protected and loved. It was just very, very safe."

    Also in the interview, the Big Little Lies star said her and Keith's daughters - Sunday, 17, and 14 year old Faith - have "armour" to protect themselves from social media trolls.

    Nicole said: "I'm raising teenage girls right now, and it's fascinating. I think they have an armour that we didn't get, or that I certainly didn't get, because there was no social media.

    "The very, very young now have already gone, 'We know exactly how to handle this.' They don't take a lot of things personally. They shrug it off."

    Nicole - who made her professional debut at the age of 16, in Bush Christmas - understood that fame can cause a "constant push-pull", especially for child and teenage stars.

    The Moulin Rouge! star said to Ariana: "You're very young, and then suddenly you're put into this fishbowl, and everything is dissected.

    "It starts to get very, very difficult, and then you overthink it, and then you get scared, and then you get hurt, and then you go, 'Now I don't want to go out. I don't want to venture into this world.' I get it."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     30 Nov: Matt Smith went to eight Oasis shows over the summer
     30 Nov: Lindsay Arnold is expecting her third child
     30 Nov: Tara Reid has claimed she was drugged at a bar before being rushed to hospital
     30 Nov: Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season
     30 Nov: Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin 18:38

    Environment:
    A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for parts of Kaipara, Auckland City, Waikato, Waitakere, Franklin, Rodney and Albany areas 18:37

    Accident and Emergency:
    Police have identified the person associated with an unattended kayak found yesterday off the Kapiti Coast 18:17

    Entertainment:
    Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee 18:08

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC are refusing to pin the blame on the wet weather conditions during their 2-1 loss to the Newcastle Jets at Mt Smart 18:07

    Entertainment:
    Matt Smith went to eight Oasis shows over the summer 17:38

    International:
    Em Rusciano on finding balance in life after her ADHD and autism diagnoses 17:37

    Politics:
    Strengthening community-led GP practices is at the centre of Labour's new low-interest loan policy 17:27

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling is intrigued to see how the final day of SailGP racing will pan out in Abu Dhabi 17:27

    Golf:
    Golfer Ryan Fox is adjusting to playing in scorching conditions again after completing his first tournament since taking a two-month break 17:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd