News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 8:57
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Charles is “enormously touched” by the messages of support he has received since being diagnosed with coronavirus

    The 71-year-old royal was confirmed to have tested positive for the respiratory illness - which is also known as COVID-19 - earlier this week, and in a health update from Clarence House, it has been claimed he is pleased to have received so many “kind words” from well wishers


    Clarence House tweeted: “Thank you for all your ‘Get Well Soon’ messages for His Royal Highness. He is enormously touched by your kind words.”

    Charles’ diagnosis was revealed on Wednesday (25.03.20), when it was claimed he had experienced "mild symptoms" of the respiratory disease but is in "good health" and has managed to continue working from home while self-isolating with his wife, Duchess Camilla - who does not have the virus - at the Balmoral estate in Scotland.

    A Clarence House spokesperson confirmed: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

    "The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.”

    The news came after Monaco's Prince Albert announced he had tested positive for the disease, just nine days after he sat opposite the Prince of Wales at a WaterAid event in London.

    However, a royal spokesperson insisted there was no way to know how Charles had contracted the highly-contagious illness because he has met with so many people in recent weeks.

    The representative added: "The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

    "It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95
     17 Feb: Gary Numan's wife has been left paralysed following an operation
     17 Feb: Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth
     17 Feb: John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist"
     17 Feb: Margaret Qualley has described Jack Antonoff as her "person" in a rare comment about their marriage
     17 Feb: Stephen 'tWitch' Boss's widow Allison Holker has got engaged
     16 Feb: Steven Spielberg has donated $25,000 to help James Van Der Beek's family
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95 8:37

    Entertainment:
    Gary Numan's wife has been left paralysed following an operation 8:27

    National:
    Play reduces stress and lifts wellbeing – and adults benefit as much as children do 8:07

    Environment:
    The next bout of heavy rain has started its rampage on the east of the South Island 8:07

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth 7:57

    Health & Safety:
    Fears that alcohol ads are influencing how children think about alcohol 7:57

    Business:
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come 7:57

    International:
    How to decide what type of car insurance is best for you 7:37

    Law and Order:
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed 7:37

    Entertainment:
    John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist" 7:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd