News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 16:12
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Nick Cannon has a "newfound respect" for 'The Masked Singer' contestants after taking part himself

    The 40-year-old presenter missed out on hosting the first half of season five of the show after falling ill with coronavirus but made a surprise return in Wednesday's (07.04.21) episode of the celebrity singing contest when the Group B contestants were joined by an all-new wildcard contestant, The Bulldog


    After performances from The Piglet, The Black Swan, The Chameleon and The Crab, as well as the new contestant, who impressed the judges with his falsetto rendition of New Edition's 'Candy Girl', guest presenter Niecy Nash stunned the panel - Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, Jenny McCarthy and Ken Jeong - when she revealed there would be no vote and she herself would "decide who gets unmasked".

    The judges didn't get chance to make their final guesses and The Bulldog was told to unmask immediately - revealing himself to be Nick.

    Following the shock over his revelation, Nick paid tribute to Niecy for stepping in to take over as host.

    He said: "First and foremost, let me say I dedicated my performance to you because you truly are a queen, and you stepping in for me when, you know, during my sickness, during a hard time for me, and being able to watch you do your thing amazingly and shine here, I truly do thank you. Thank you so much."

    He also admitted performing as The Bulldog had made him super nervous "to perform in front of my people."

    He added: "I have a newfound respect for all of our masked crusaders, from season one to all of these people right here on this stage."

    According to Entertainment Weekly, it's now been confirmed Nick will return to hosting duties from next week's show.

    Later in the series, Rita Wilson and Chrissy Metz will be joining the panel as guest judges on 21 April and 5 May respectively.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season
     30 Nov: Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival
     30 Nov: Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban
     30 Nov: Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series
     30 Nov: Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them
     30 Nov: Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season 16:08

    Golf:
    A rusty return for golfer Ryan Fox at the Australian PGA Championship in Brisbane 15:47

    Entertainment:
    Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival 15:38

    Politics:
    Labour plans to make it easier for doctors and nurse practitioners, to open or buy into local clinics, with low-interest loans 15:27

    Entertainment:
    Nicole Kidman is staying strong amid her split from Keith Urban 15:08

    Cricket:
    England pace bowler Mark Wood is set to be ruled out of the second Ashes Test with a knee injury...in a massive blow to the tourists' hopes at the Gabba 14:57

    Entertainment:
    Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series 14:38

    Entertainment:
    Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them 14:08

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling isn't letting a finger injury deter him during SailGP's Abu Dhabi grand final 14:07

    Soccer:
    No excuses for Auckland FC ahead of today's A-League match with Newcastle at Mt Smart 13:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd