News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 11:36
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Caroline Flack's cause of death has been ruled as suicide by hanging

    The 40-year-old presenter tragically took her own life at her London home on Saturday (15.02.20) and an inquest into her passing opened on Wednesday (19.02.20), where her cause of death was confirmed


    No members of the 'Love Island' presenter's family were present for the hearing at Poplar Coroner's Court in east London.

    The inquest is expected to be adjourned for several weeks while the coroner gathers evidence including the post-mortem report and toxicology test results.

    The news comes hours after Caroline's family shared her final unpublished Instagram post, which the presenter had been advised not to make public because she was reflecting on her arrest for allegedly assaulting boyfriend Lewis Burton.

    She wrote in the post: "For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me it's become the normal.

    "I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life. I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.

    "The problem with brushing things under the carpet is .... they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.

    "On December the 12th 2019 I was arrested for common assault on my boyfriend ...Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around me, collapsed. I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen."

    Caroline insisted she was "not a domestic abuser" and the events of the evening in December were simply "an accident".

    She continued: "I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident.

    "I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.

    "But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident. The blood that someone SOLD to a newspaper was MY blood and that was something very sad and very personal."

    Caroline went on to apologise to her loved ones and admitted she was struggling to figure out how she'd get her "life back".

    She added: "The reason I am talking today is because my family can't take anymore. I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.

    "I can't spend every day hidden away being told not to say or speak to anyone.

    "I'm so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends have had to go through.

    "I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back.' I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back.

    "I can't say anymore than that."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Jimmy Barnes is heading back to New Zealand - to celebrate his landmark album, For the Working Class Man, turning 40 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study More...



     Today's News

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 11:17

    National:
    ‘Make the platforms safer’: what young people really think about the social media ban 11:17

    Motorsports:
    McLaren team principal Andrea Stella admits a wrong tactical decision cost them success at Formula One's Qatar Grand Prix 11:07

    Soccer:
    Arsenal manager Mike Arteta's lamenting the often stop-start nature of their Premier League football clash away to Chelsea 11:07

    Law and Order:
    Police have named a man killed in an altercation in New Plymouth last month - as 68-year-old Martin James Mooney 10:47

    International:
    Lebanese hopeful Pope Leo will bring peace as he visits the country 10:37

    Business:
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study 10:37

    Politics:
    Powers to move homeless people on from city centres, could be confirmed by Christmas 10:27

    Auckland:
    NZ now has a narrow window to stop the Asian yellow-legged hornet – here’s how everyone can help 10:27

    National:
    Trump wants Australian data on migrant crime. This will only scapegoat vulnerable people 10:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd