News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 11:45
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Rachael Ray is grateful for "being alive" after experiencing a house fire, severe flood damage to her home, and losing her dog in the last 18 months

    The 'Rachael Ray Show' host's pet pooch Isaboo recently passed away, and she was pleased she could be with her four-legged friend in her final moments amid the coronavirus pandemic when others were dying alone.


    When asked what she's most grateful for, Rachael said: "Being alive.

    "When I lost my dog I was so grateful that I could be with her the last several months of her life.

    "She died in my arms ... I felt guilty and grateful at the same time ... People suffered actual human loss from COVID or because they couldn't get care ... and how many people died alone."

    Rachael's New York City apartment was badly flooded in August when Hurricane Ida hit.

    She said: "We weren't there.

    "Leaks became bigger and the roof became worse and we thought we had repaired everything... then Ida... the whole apartment, it was just raining inside."

    The flood came after a huge fire ripped through her home on Chuckwagon Trail in Lake Luzerne, New York, in August last year, and she has put that down to "bad luck".

    Speaking on 'Extra', she said: "The chimney burped under the roof, that's just life.

    "So many people wrote to me and reached out and said we lost so much too, I mean that's just bad luck."

    Fortunately, the 53-year-old celebrity chef, her husband John Cusimano, her mother, and her pet pooch all got out safely from the fire.

    Shortly after the blaze in August 2020, the star admitted she was doing "OK".

    She wrote on Twitter: "Thank you to our local first responders for being kind and gracious and saving what they could of our home. Grateful that my mom, my husband, my dog... we're all okay. These are the days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not what we've lost. (sic)"

    But she had lost her phone in the fire, so was having difficulty contacting her friends and family.

    She added: "...I *did* lose my phone (posting through a team member) Thank you for all the well wishes, concern and outreach, but can't return texts and calls at the moment...! (sic)"

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Hilary Duff helped two fans pull off the ultimate engagement moment during her Las Vegas show on Friday night (13.02.26)
     18 Feb: Apple Martin has admitted to having gotten lip filler
     18 Feb: Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left
     18 Feb: Authorities have warned it could take "years" to find Nancy Guthrie
     18 Feb: Lindsey Vonn is ready to return to the US following a fourth operation
     18 Feb: James Van Der Beek's friends helped him secure a down payment for his home before his death
     18 Feb: Prince William was left in "a state of disbelief" after Catherine, Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    England coach Steve Borthwick's responded to their Six Nations rugby defeat to Scotland by making three changes to his run-on side for Sunday's match with Ireland at Dublin More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A sharp rise in food inflation could unfortunately be out of our control More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Hilary Duff helped two fans pull off the ultimate engagement moment during her Las Vegas show on Friday night (13.02.26) 11:27

    National:
    Make Japan strong again: Sanae Takaichi’s plan to transform her country’s military 11:17

    Hockey:
    Winter Olympics 2026: Jürgen Klopp makes Milano Cortina Games cameo, ice hockey fight ban labelled a 'joke' — quick hits from day 11 11:17

    Soccer:
    Second half drama in the Champions League football clash between Benfica and Real Madrid in Lisbon 11:07

    Entertainment:
    Apple Martin has admitted to having gotten lip filler 10:57

    Environment:
    Dozens of Canterbury kids spent a night hunkering down in Banks Peninsula - which was cut off by yesterday's torrential rain 10:47

    Law and Order:
    A man's been arrested - after allegedly attempting to break through the cordon at the Mount Maunganui landslide 10:47

    Entertainment:
    Rosie O'Donnell is shocked by how "very different" the US feels since she left 10:27

    International:
    Former NASA engineer warns about heat shield on Artemis II moon mission 10:27

    Law and Order:
    Canterbury Police are investigating after a man reportedly exposed himself indecently in Rolleston - and may have done so more than once 10:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd