News | Entertainment
18 Feb 2026 23:04
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    A Harry Styles concert 500 yards from the Copenhagen shopping mall gun massacre has been cancelled

    The former One Direction singer, 28, had been due to perform at 8pm local time in the the Royal Arena on Sunday (03.07.22) as part of his highly-anticipated 'Love on Tour' shows


    But after several victims were killed by a gunman, said to be wielding a hunting rifle, at the nearby Field's Shopping Mall, the event was ditched.

    Styles, who is dating actress Olivia Wilde, 38, said on Snapchat: "My team and I pray for everyone involved in the Copenhagen shopping mall shooting. I am shocked. Love H."

    It had initially been reported the show was expected to go ahead despite the shooting, after law enforcement in the area apparently indicated to organisers it was safe to proceed.

    But the show was delayed and then cancelled, with video posted on social media showing an announcer on stage informing fans already at the arena the gig would not go ahead and police would escort them to the metro for them to leave.

    One devastated fan said on Twitter: "I know this has been done to keep everyone safe but it's so heartbreaking."

    Styles recently pledged to donate $1 million (£790,760) to American non-profit anti-gun violence group Everytown after the deadly Uvalde school shooting in Texas in May.

    Before the Copenhagen show's cancellation was confirmed, some Styles fans had started abandoning their plans to attend his gig.

    One fan tweeted: "So there was a shooting near the Harry concert in Copenhagen that I was supposed to attend but I'm on my way home now."

    Others had pleaded with the singer to cancel his concert before it was confirrned it was not going ahead.

    Petrified shoppers including mothers clutching babies were seen fleeing for their lives after shots rang out at the Field's mall.

    A 22-year-old Danish man has been arrested in connection with the shooting by armed officers near the shopping centre, according to the head of the Copenhagen police operations unit, inspector Soren Thomassen.

    He told a press conference: "We know that there are several dead' and 'several injured," - before adding the possibility it was a terror attack could not be ruled out.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     18 Feb: Kerry Katona is thinking of moving to Dubai
     18 Feb: Barack Obama believes in aliens but did not discover any evidence of their existence during his time in the White House
     18 Feb: Nancy Cartwright doesn't think AI has enough "heart" to replace her on The Simpsons
     18 Feb: Rupert Grint found life as a new dad "isolating" and "traumatising"
     18 Feb: Wunmi Mosaku has "not been able to celebrate" her Oscar nomination
     18 Feb: The Simpsons will never have an official ending
     18 Feb: Ted Danson has revealed Cheers was almost cancelled during its first season
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Leicester Fainga'anuku's been benched for Sunday's Super Rugby clash between the Crusaders and Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Spark is satisfied with its latest financial results, despite falling short of analyst expectations in some areas More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Kerry Katona is thinking of moving to Dubai 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    Five fire crews are battling a house fire on Whangarei's on Morningside Road 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Barack Obama believes in aliens but did not discover any evidence of their existence during his time in the White House 21:27

    Business:
    Spark is satisfied with its latest financial results, despite falling short of analyst expectations in some areas 21:17

    International:
    Jesse Jackson helped lay the groundwork for Barack Obama and kept the fight for justice in the public eye 21:07

    Entertainment:
    Nancy Cartwright doesn't think AI has enough "heart" to replace her on The Simpsons 20:57

    Entertainment:
    Rupert Grint found life as a new dad "isolating" and "traumatising" 20:27

    Entertainment:
    Wunmi Mosaku has "not been able to celebrate" her Oscar nomination 19:57

    International:
    Equal time rule leads CBS to pull Stephen Colbert's James Talarico interview 19:37

    Entertainment:
    The Simpsons will never have an official ending 19:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd