News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 19:02
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged

    Firefighters scrambled to Tracks and Records in Montego Bay, St James, after members of the eatery's meal preparation team discovered the fire at around 1.45am.


    The top floor of the venue was engulfed when crews arrived, but they managed to contain the fire - which remains under investigation - and reported no injuries.

    Acting Superintendent Oneil Kerr, the Jamaica Fire Brigade's lead investigator for St James, said: "Upon arrival, the team observed fire coming from the roof of Tracks and Records.

    "They immediately got into operation, and within a few minutes, the situation was brought under control.

    "The fire was confined to the upper floors, which hold the dining area, bar, restrooms, and an office space.

    "But as it relates to getting the property owners to do their evaluation of the items they had stored, that will determine the full cost.

    "Based on observation, the extent appears to be significant."

    The restaurant, which is located on the Hip Strip - one of Jamaica's tourist hotspots - has not yet opened back up to the public.

    Officials spent Saturday morning sifting through debris and taking statements from members of staff.

    The cause of the fire has not been determined, but there has been unconfirmed speculation that it was caused by power returning to the building.

    Tracks and Records - which the retired eight-time Olympic gold medalist sprinter opened in 2018 - had been relying on a generator for power because its electric mains had not been fixed following the devastating Hurricane Melissa.

    The restaurant - which serves up Caribbean cuisine in a sports-themed setting - had been feeding communities devastated by the catastrophic tropical cyclone, which became the third-most intense Atlantic hurricane on record.

    In the wake of the category five hurricane, Usain - who retired from athletics in 2017 - also distributed care packages at his former school, William Knibb Memorial High School in Martha Brae, Trelawny Parish, which was damaged by Melissa.

    In a video shared to X, he said: "I have seen all the videos ... and people always say it is so much more different when you see it in action.

    "On the way up ... at the riverside, you see a lot of people washing, it's hard to put into words how I feel about what I am seeing, but Jamaica, I am here to help in any way possible."

    Usain captioned the clip with: "J A M A I C A, You all gave me the chance to represent you on the world stage - to wear our colours with pride, show the world the strength, resilience, and the heart of our people.

    "Everything I've achieved started right here at home. Now, as so many of our children, brothers and sisters face the hardships caused by Hurricane Melissa, please know - We are right here with YOU. We are STANDING together, REBUILDING together, and reminding the world that JAMAICANS never leave each other behind (sic)."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     30 Nov: Matt Smith went to eight Oasis shows over the summer
     30 Nov: Lindsay Arnold is expecting her third child
     30 Nov: Tara Reid has claimed she was drugged at a bar before being rushed to hospital
     30 Nov: Kim Kardashian's legal drama All's Fair has been renewed for a second season
     30 Nov: Ray Romano has confirmed the Everybody Loves Raymond: 30th Anniversary Reunion will not lead to a revival
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    Biosecurity's escalating its effort to eradicate yellow-legged hornets, following continued detections on Auckland's North Shore 18:57

    Entertainment:
    Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin 18:38

    Environment:
    A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for parts of Kaipara, Auckland City, Waikato, Waitakere, Franklin, Rodney and Albany areas 18:37

    Accident and Emergency:
    Police have identified the person associated with an unattended kayak found yesterday off the Kapiti Coast 18:17

    Entertainment:
    Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee 18:08

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC are refusing to pin the blame on the wet weather conditions during their 2-1 loss to the Newcastle Jets at Mt Smart 18:07

    Entertainment:
    Matt Smith went to eight Oasis shows over the summer 17:38

    International:
    Em Rusciano on finding balance in life after her ADHD and autism diagnoses 17:37

    Politics:
    Strengthening community-led GP practices is at the centre of Labour's new low-interest loan policy 17:27

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling is intrigued to see how the final day of SailGP racing will pan out in Abu Dhabi 17:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd