News | Entertainment
23 Feb 2026 9:02
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been "released under investigation"

    The 66-year-old royal has been seen leaving a police station in Aylsham, following his arrest earlier on Thursday (19.02.26), and Thames Valley Police has now released a public statement, confirming that Mountbatten-Windsor has been released.


    The statement reads: "Thames Valley Police is able to provide an update in relation to an investigation into the offence of misconduct in public office.

    "On Thursday we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

    "The arrested man has now been released under investigation.

    "We can also confirm that our searches in Norfolk have now concluded."

    Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested at his Sandringham home on Thursday morning on suspicion of misconduct in a public office.

    King Charles, his older brother, subsequently insisted that the "law must take its course".

    The 77-year-old monarch said in a statement: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

    "Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

    "As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all."

    Oliver Wright, the Assistant Chief Constable at Thames Valley Police, has also released a statement.

    He said: "Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.

    "It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.

    "We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     23 Feb: Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce
     22 Feb: James Van Der Beek was a "great leader on set", according to Algee Smith
     22 Feb: Khloe Kardashian would "want to be married" before having any more kids
     22 Feb: Timothee Chalamet thinks AI is set to change the movie business
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber has found fame to be "mentally exhausting"
     22 Feb: Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family
     22 Feb: Paddington Bear is set to bring a marmalade-tinted flourish to this weekend's EE BAFTA Film Awards after being confirmed as a presenter at the ceremony
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Scrutiny in the Crusaders after their 50-24 Super Rugby loss to the Brumbies in Christchurch More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Energy watchdog to force retailers to offer struggling customers help in overhaul More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    US Secret Service agents shoot and kill man trying to unlawfully enter Trump's Mar-a-Lago 8:47

    Rugby:
    Scrutiny in the Crusaders after their 50-24 Super Rugby loss to the Brumbies in Christchurch 8:17

    Health & Safety:
    Concerns the window for accessing the shingles vaccine is too narrow 8:07

    Business:
    Energy watchdog to force retailers to offer struggling customers help in overhaul 7:57

    Golf:
    American golfer Austen Truslow has beaten 17-year-old Christchurch amateur Cooper Moore by three shots to claim the New Zealand PGA Championship at Paraparaumu 7:57

    Politics:
    The woman at the centre of the Jevon McSkimming scandal isn't confirming or denying whether she wrote a tranche of emails demanding money 7:47

    Cricket:
    Grim super eight results for hosts at cricket's T20 World Cup 7:37

    Business:
    Business appears to be booming in most parts of the country 7:27

    Law and Order:
    An Auckland couple continued buying stolen crayfish, despite knowing it was likely illegal 7:17

    General:
    Indra Brown's phenomenal fifth in freeski halfpipe at 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics a sign of her rapid rise 7:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd