News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 14:13
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    A man has been arrested after allegedly trying to break into Taylor Swift’s apartment

    Hanks Johnson, 52, was taken into police custody over the weekend on a trespassing charge after allegedly attempting to enter the singer’s Manhattan apartment, police confirmed on Monday (19.04.21)


    The man was arrested at 8:30pm on Saturday (17.04.21) after a 911 caller reported he was inside Taylor’s Tribeca building without permission, and was charged with criminal trespass and released on his own recognisance after an arraignment Sunday (18.04.21) night.

    According to reports, Johnson made a show of sending direct messages to Taylor’s Instagram account outside the courthouse, and claimed the predictive text suggestions on his phone were replies from her.

    He also showed off a restraining order barring him from contacting model sisters Bella and Gigi Hadid, who are also friends of the ‘Cardigan’ hitmaker.

    For Taylor, the news comes after another of her alleged stalkers was jailed for 30 months in September last year.

    Eric Swarbrick was handed down a sentence by a federal judge in Nashville, Tennessee after pleading guilty to stalking and sending threatening letters and emails to the 'Bad Blood' singer's former label Big Machine Records.

    The terms of the sentence, which includes three years of supervised release, were agreed in a plea deal Swarbrick entered in 2019.

    Meanwhile a third stalker named Roger Alvarado reached a plea deal in April 2019, in which he accepted a charge of criminal contempt and agreed to abide by an order of protection in exchange for two to four years in prison, after trying to break into Taylor's house.

    In 2017, Mohammed Jaffar was arrested for stalking and burglary after having allegedly followed the 'Love Story' hitmaker for months.

    Another of the singer's alleged stalkers, Frank Andrew Hoover, was sentenced to 10 years probation in 2018 after he was accused of threatening to kill the singer.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     29 Nov: Charli xcx admits being a "pop star" is "fun" - but it's also "stupid" and "embarrassing" at times
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged 14:08

    Motorsports:
    Ryan Wood has qualified fastest for the top 10 shootout ahead of today's second race at the Supercars grand final in Adelaide 14:06

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 13:07

    Rugby:
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 13:07

    Basketball:
    A glass half full mindset for the Tall Blacks basketballers after letting a chance slip for a rare victory over their Australian counterparts 13:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd