News | Entertainment
30 Nov 2025 14:46
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Ricky Martin believes he will be "fully vindicated" after a domestic abuse restraining order was filed against him

    A complaint has been made about the 'Livin' La Vida Loca' hitmaker under Law 54, also known as the Domestic Abuse Prevention and Intervention Act, in his native Puerto Rico, but a spokesperson for the 50-year-old star insisted the allegations against the singer in the documents - which do not reveal the name of the petitioner - are "completely false and fabricated"


    His spokesperson told People magazine: "The allegations against Ricky Martin that lead to a protection order are completely false and fabricated.

    "We are very confident that when the true facts come out in this matter our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated."

    According to Telemundo, details surrounding the complaint are still unclear.

    Police attempted to issue the restraining order - which prevents Ricky from contacting the complainant - on Friday (01.07.22) and a judge will later decide if it should remain in place.

    Police spokesperson Axel Valencia said: "Up until now, police haven't been able to find him."

    Officials clarified the petitioner didn't initially file a police complaint but went to court in their own right to request protection from the 'She Bangs' singer, who is married to Jwan Yosef and has 13-year-old twins Matteo and Valentino, three-year-old daughter Lucia, and two-year-old son Renn.

    Referring to the star by his real name, a police statement said: "We confirm that the Puerto Rico Police is in the process of filing a protection order, under Law 54, issued against Mr. Enrique Martín.

    "As established by the nature of the process, from the moment the Police received a copy of the protection order, through the new Center for Operations and Processing of Protection Orders (COPOP), its processing was co--ordinated by the assigned agents to the Dorado barracks."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series
     30 Nov: Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them
     30 Nov: Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002
     30 Nov: Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies
     30 Nov: Will Arnett adores his 1990s supermodel girlfriend Carolyn Murphy's "generous spirit"
     30 Nov: Ted Danson had a near-death experience from glitter on the set of A Man on the Inside
     30 Nov: Beverly D'Angelo may have had a "bigger acting career" if she had focused less on her children when she had them aged 49
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after being red carded for eye gouging in the record 73-nil win over Wales in Cardiff More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Our sheep meat exports hit record value in October More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Cher is reportedly in "advanced" talks to secure a massive "£13 million" deal with Netflix for a tell-all series 14:38

    Entertainment:
    Kathy Griffin is "embarrassed" to admit being on "four" dating apps - despite previously saying she could not imagine herself using them 14:08

    Cricket:
    Black Foils skipper Peter Burling isn't letting a finger injury deter him during SailGP's Abu Dhabi grand final 14:07

    Soccer:
    No excuses for Auckland FC ahead of today's A-League match with Newcastle at Mt Smart 13:47

    Entertainment:
    Ashton Kutcher was shocked to learn that Jessica Simpson was a 22-year-old virgin when she told him on That '70s Show in 2002 13:38

    Living & Travel:
    Surfers set to pay to ride Fiji's world-class breaks after repeal of surf access law 13:27

    Accident and Emergency:
    Police have paused a search off the Kapiti Coast, for a missing kayaker 13:27

    Entertainment:
    Dame Joanna Lumley does not want a "memorial service" after she dies 13:08

    Law and Order:
    A man's been arrested after a gun shot was allegedly let off yesterday, near a popular Thames swimming hole 13:07

    International:
    Why Barbados became a republic and cut ties with the British monarchy 12:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd