News | Entertainment
29 Aug 2025 22:40
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Taylor Swift has reportedly restricted access to her new album The Life of a Showgirl to only five people

    The 35-year-old singer-songwriter recorded the record in secret in Sweden alongside longtime collaborators Max Martin and Shellback during breaks from her ongoing Eras Tour, and a source has now said she also even kept some contributors left in the dark about the final product


    According to the Daily Mail, only a handful of people - including Taylor's boyfriend Travis Kelce - have heard the finished record, with tight non-disclosure agreements in place and extreme security measures taken to protect its contents.

    An insider told the publication: "Everyone, from the writers, producers, studio engineers and studio interns went through a rigorous vetting process to make sure they could be trusted.

    "Everyone was asked to sign ironclad NDAs and weren't even allowed to discuss their contribution with family and friends. She really wants to keep it safe for her fans."

    The Daily Mail reported in addition to Travis, 35, the only other people who have heard the full 12-track album are Tree Paine - Taylor's long-time publicist - as well as Swedish producers Max Martin and Shellback as well as one unidentified studio engineer.

    Travis revealed during Taylor's recent appearance on his podcast New Heights he had been played the entire album, making him one of the few granted early access.

    Alongside news of the restricted listening circle, Taylor has released two new limited-edition vinyl variants of The Life of a Showgirl.

    Dubbed The Tiny Bubbles in Champagne Collection, the records became available on Monday (25.08.25) via her official website and will remain on sale until Wednesday at 3:59pm ET.

    The Grammy winner has now released six vinyl editions of the album in total.

    Previous limited versions, launched last week, sold out within an hour of release, the Daily Mail said.

    The first of the two latest variations, Under Bright Lights Pearlescent, features a champagne-toned colour scheme, while the second, Red Lipstick and Lace Transparent, carries orange tones.

    Both covers depict Taylor wearing a bedazzled star headpiece and surrounded by orange ostrich feathers. She appears in her trademark red lipstick.

    Taylor announced The Life of a Showgirl earlier this month during an episode of New Heights.

    The album is due for release on 3 October.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Aug: Travis Kelce kept his proposal to Taylor Swift traditional by asking for her father's blessing before popping the question
     29 Aug: Kristin Cavallari felt like her vagina was "ripping apart" during the "brutal" birth of her first child
     29 Aug: Denise Richards "can't wait for bikini season" after undergoing breast implant revision surgery
     29 Aug: Actor Floyd Levine has died aged 93
     29 Aug: Prince Harry is returning to the UK next month to attend the WellChild Awards
     29 Aug: Freddie Mercury's 'secret daughter' has claimed that he would have been "appalled" by the biopic Bohemian Rhapsody
     29 Aug: Drake has revealed "one of" his "first kisses" was for the teen drama Degrassi
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A potential remedy to one of the All Blacks' Achilles heels in 20-25 is back on the rugby field this weekend More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Reserve Bank Chair Neil Quigley has resigned More...



     Today's News

    Rugby:
    A potential remedy to one of the All Blacks' Achilles heels in 20-25 is back on the rugby field this weekend 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Travis Kelce kept his proposal to Taylor Swift traditional by asking for her father's blessing before popping the question 21:46

    Law and Order:
    A teenager has been charged with murder, after the death of a man on Trigg Avenue in Rotorua last Wednesday 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Kristin Cavallari felt like her vagina was "ripping apart" during the "brutal" birth of her first child 21:16

    Law and Order:
    Indonesia's democracy faces 'setback' after police clash with protesters 20:47

    Entertainment:
    Denise Richards "can't wait for bikini season" after undergoing breast implant revision surgery 20:46

    Entertainment:
    Actor Floyd Levine has died aged 93 20:16

    Entertainment:
    Prince Harry is returning to the UK next month to attend the WellChild Awards 19:46

    Entertainment:
    Freddie Mercury's 'secret daughter' has claimed that he would have been "appalled" by the biopic Bohemian Rhapsody 19:16

    Business:
    Reserve Bank Chair Neil Quigley has resigned 18:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd