News | Entertainment
1 Dec 2025 11:56
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Drew McIntyre has revealed he is asymptomatic after testing positive for COVID-19

    The 35-year-old WWE superstar - who is the professional wrestling company's current WWE Champion - is now in quarantine after contracting the coronavirus, but he appeared via video link on 'Raw' last night (11.01.21) to give fans a health update


    He said: "How are you, WWE Universe? I wish that I could be with you tonight in the ThunderDome but unfortunately, as I’m sure you’ve heard already, I tested positive for COVID-19.

    "Now, I’m one of the fortunate ones with no symptoms. But I assure you, COVID should not be taken lightly. Don’t think you can’t catch it, because you can.

    "If it can happen to me, it can happen to anybody, and the only way we’re gonna be able to stop this thing is by working together.

    "So please, wear your mask, follow social distancing guidelines. It’s not just to protect you. It’s to protect everyone and their loved ones. I’ll see you all really, really soon. But until then, stay safe."

    Later in the show, Scotsman McIntyre confirmed his planned match with Goldberg at the 'Royal Rumble' event on January 31 will still go ahead.

    WWE had confirmed his positive test hours before 'Raw' in a short statement, which read: “Drew McIntyre has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been placed in quarantine.”

    The news comes after Drew previously said he believed the wrestling world would be "bigger" than ever following the pandemic.

    He explained: “This is a unique situation right now where we don't have an audience, that all the attention is on you and we can hear what you're saying in the ring, so even if you don't have a promo, you know your character, you know yourself, you can truly develop a character with multiple layers.

    "So when they finally get back in the arenas, if you've done your job, you've taken the time to develop your territory and your promos in the ring with your trash talking, they're going to know you on a deeper level, you're going to be more over for it, and I think the industry is going to be bigger for it."

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     30 Nov: Millie Bobby Brown had to hide her "wedding hair" while shooting the final season of Stranger Things
     30 Nov: James Van Der Beek's wife says he's "bouncing back" during his cancer battle
     30 Nov: Will Young has credited his dogs with improving his mental health because they are "consistent companions and fiercely loyal"
     30 Nov: Robert Irwin admits dating is "so challenging to navigate" in the public eye
     30 Nov: Sean 'Diddy' Combs' rapper son King Combs believes the disgraced star could be released from prison in time for the holidays
     30 Nov: Macaulay Culkin has reminded fans that his middle name is also Macaulay Culkin
     30 Nov: Former Fox TV chief Dana Walden had to "teach" fans to embrace Glee
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Jimmy Barnes is heading back to New Zealand - to celebrate his landmark album, For the Working Class Man, turning 40 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta's lamenting the often stop-start nature of their Premier League football clash away to Chelsea 11:37

    Motoring:
    F1 Qatar: McLaren pitstop blunder costs Oscar Piastri win, Max Verstappen closes in on Lando Norris 11:17

    National:
    ‘Make the platforms safer’: what young people really think about the social media ban 11:17

    Motorsports:
    McLaren team principal Andrea Stella admits a wrong tactical decision cost them success at Formula One's Qatar Grand Prix 11:07

    Law and Order:
    Police have named a man killed in an altercation in New Plymouth last month - as 68-year-old Martin James Mooney 10:47

    International:
    Lebanese hopeful Pope Leo will bring peace as he visits the country 10:37

    Business:
    How visible displays of wealth make people support higher taxes – new study 10:37

    Politics:
    Powers to move homeless people on from city centres, could be confirmed by Christmas 10:27

    Auckland:
    NZ now has a narrow window to stop the Asian yellow-legged hornet – here’s how everyone can help 10:27

    National:
    Trump wants Australian data on migrant crime. This will only scapegoat vulnerable people 10:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd