News | Entertainment
27 Nov 2020 1:27
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Days of Xmas
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Matthew McConaughey has claimed he snubbed a $14.5 million offer to make another romantic comedy

    The 50-year-old actor has opened up about his career choices after a string of light-hearted blockbusters including 'The Wedding Planner' and 'How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days', and he revealed he turned down a huge deal in 2010 as he decided to leave the genre behind


    Writing in his memoir 'Greenlights', he didn't name the movie but wrote: "I declined the offer.

    "If I couldn't do what I wanted, I wasn't going to do what I didn't, no matter the price."

    The 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past' star admitted he "enjoyed making romantic comedies, and their pay-cheques rented the houses on the beach I ran shirtless on".

    He suggested during the 2010s he became the new Hugh Grant - who starred in the likes of 'Music and Lyrics', 'Notting Hill', 'Bridget Jones's Diary' and 'Love Actually'.

    Matthew said: "The romantic comedies remained my only consistent box office hits, which made them my only consistent incoming offers.

    “For me personally, I enjoyed being able to give people a nitty-minute breezy romantic getaway from the stress of their lives where they didn’t have to think about anything, just watch the boy chase the girl, fall down, then get up and finally get her.

    "I had taken the baton from Hugh Grant, and I ran with it.”

    Meanwhile, Matthew - who has kids Levi, 12, Vida, 10 and Livingston, seven, with his wife Camila Alves - has revealed his "main dream" was always to be a father.

    He recently explained: "The one thing I knew I always wanted to be was a father. That’s been my main dream. That has always been, like, well – you made it."

    Matthew and Camila have always taken their children with them for their work, against the grain of Hollywood A-listers, but it is something they would never regret.

    He added: "I spoke to a few very successful people [in Hollywood] and none of them did it how we do it. Every one of them chose to let their children stay at school, with their friends, rather than bring them with them on location. Every one of them said they’d do it differently if they could go back."

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     26 Nov: Katie Price is being forced to sell her designer shoes after her foot injuries
     26 Nov: Rihanna is glad to see Adele "so confident and content"
     26 Nov: Emma Stone's mother had drunken chats with Angelina Jolie at the Golden Globes
     26 Nov: Lily Collins' family thanked her when she got engaged
     26 Nov: Jack Whitehall moved in with Roxy Horner after just two weeks of dating
     26 Nov: Robin Williams' son Zak says his late father went to "great lengths" to look after his mental health whenever he was "challenged"
     26 Nov: Kaitlyn Bristowe has won 'Dancing With The Stars'
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Argentina's rugby side plans to pay tribute to their country's greatest sporting star in the Tri-Nations test against the All Blacks on Saturday More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    KiwiRail Holdings Limited has reported a 40 million dollar operating surplus in the 2020 financial year...down 15 million dollars compared with last year More...



     Today's News

    Education:
    Sydney school under investigation for locking child with autism in 'sensory room' 23:37

    International:
    How Diego Maradona used the Hand of God to claim revenge for a bloody conflict between Britain and Argentina 22:27

    Soccer:
    Diego Maradona dead at 60: From street urchin to the greatest footballer in the world 22:27

    International:
    Solomon Islands oil spill report leaked to ABC reveals economic losses of up to $50 million 21:57

    Auckland:
    One person is dead and another seriously injured after a single vehicle crash in Oratia, West Auckland 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Katie Price is being forced to sell her designer shoes after her foot injuries 21:44

    Business:
    KiwiRail Holdings Limited has reported a 40 million dollar operating surplus in the 2020 financial year...down 15 million dollars compared with last year 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Rihanna is glad to see Adele "so confident and content" 21:14

    Entertainment:
    Emma Stone's mother had drunken chats with Angelina Jolie at the Golden Globes 20:44

    Entertainment:
    Lily Collins' family thanked her when she got engaged 20:14


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd