News | Entertainment
27 Nov 2020 1:45
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Days of Xmas
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    James Safechuck has had his lawsuit against two of the late Michael Jackson's corporations dismissed

    The 42 year old - who accused the 'Thriller' hitmaker of abusing him from the age of 10 until he hit puberty - had made an attempt to sue MJJ Productions Inc. and MJJ Ventures Inc. over the alleged abuse but Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Mark A. Young ruled earlier this week that he had not demonstrated that he has a relationship with the companies that would have required them to protect him from the star


    Jackson estate attorneys Howard Weitzman and Jonathan Steinsapir welcomed the ruling.

    They said in a statement:"We are pleased that the court dismissed Mr. Safechuck’s case by ruling that he had no grounds to pursue such a lawsuit."

    This is the second time James' case has been thrown out since in was filed in 2013.

    A judge dismissed it in 2017, but it was revived earlier this year after a new law was brought in in California which gave those who alleged childhood sexual abuse more time to file lawsuits.

    Wade Robson - who made similar allegations to James in documentary 'Leaving Neverland' - also had a similar lawsuit revived but no fresh ruling has been made on it as yet.

    Under the previous law in California, a trial judge threw out their cases because the statute of limitations required them to file the lawsuit before they turned 26, and at the time, Safechuck was 36 and Robson was 30.

    The pair's allegations were the subject of an award-winning documentary, 'Leaving Neverland', which was released last year.

    The duo claimed in the bombshell HBO film that they were abused by the late King of Pop when they joined him on tour as children.

    Robson alleged he was sexually abused by Michael from the age of seven until 14, while Safechuck claimed he was a victim from the age of 10 until he hit puberty.

    The Jackson estate has denied all allegations made against the singer and in August 2019, another documentary, 'Chase The Truth', was released to defend the 'Bad' singer against the claims.

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     26 Nov: Katie Price is being forced to sell her designer shoes after her foot injuries
     26 Nov: Rihanna is glad to see Adele "so confident and content"
     26 Nov: Emma Stone's mother had drunken chats with Angelina Jolie at the Golden Globes
     26 Nov: Lily Collins' family thanked her when she got engaged
     26 Nov: Jack Whitehall moved in with Roxy Horner after just two weeks of dating
     26 Nov: Robin Williams' son Zak says his late father went to "great lengths" to look after his mental health whenever he was "challenged"
     26 Nov: Kaitlyn Bristowe has won 'Dancing With The Stars'
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Argentina's rugby side plans to pay tribute to their country's greatest sporting star in the Tri-Nations test against the All Blacks on Saturday More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    KiwiRail Holdings Limited has reported a 40 million dollar operating surplus in the 2020 financial year...down 15 million dollars compared with last year More...



     Today's News

    Education:
    Sydney school under investigation for locking child with autism in 'sensory room' 23:37

    International:
    How Diego Maradona used the Hand of God to claim revenge for a bloody conflict between Britain and Argentina 22:27

    Soccer:
    Diego Maradona dead at 60: From street urchin to the greatest footballer in the world 22:27

    International:
    Solomon Islands oil spill report leaked to ABC reveals economic losses of up to $50 million 21:57

    Auckland:
    One person is dead and another seriously injured after a single vehicle crash in Oratia, West Auckland 21:57

    Entertainment:
    Katie Price is being forced to sell her designer shoes after her foot injuries 21:44

    Business:
    KiwiRail Holdings Limited has reported a 40 million dollar operating surplus in the 2020 financial year...down 15 million dollars compared with last year 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Rihanna is glad to see Adele "so confident and content" 21:14

    Entertainment:
    Emma Stone's mother had drunken chats with Angelina Jolie at the Golden Globes 20:44

    Entertainment:
    Lily Collins' family thanked her when she got engaged 20:14


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd