News | Entertainment
19 Apr 2021 6:45
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jared Leto says “everybody wanted to hold” the fake severed head he took to the Met Gala in 2019

    The ‘Suicide Squad’ star infamously took to the pink carpet at the annual event two years ago carrying an $11,000 Gucci model version of his own head, and he has now admitted the bizarre accessory got “passed around” to many of the attendees of the star-studded gala


    Speaking to W magazine for its ‘Best Performances’ issue, he said: “It was like Halloween - it was a blast! I passed that head around. Everybody wanted to hold it. When I first stepped out of the hotel room, I held the head up, and everyone cheered.

    “Jeff Bezos was my date that night, and he definitely held it. We got lots of fun pictures of everyone with my head.”

    The news comes after Jared previously admitted he thinks someone may have stolen the Gucci-designed head, as he doesn’t know where it is.

    He explained: "Honestly, I have no idea.

    "I think someone may have stolen it.

    "If anyone out there finds it, bring it into your nearest Gucci store in exchange for a pair of dirty sneakers."

    Meanwhile, the 47-year-old musician and actor admitted that despite being lucky enough to get to wear Gucci all the time, he never wants to look "too regal".

    He told the publication: "Well, I was born in Louisiana, so that probably balances out any chance of getting too regal, but I have a lot of help from the Gucci team.

    "They're an incredible group of people. So talented, so gifted. I feel really fortunate to work with Alessandro (Michele, Gucci's Creative Director) and this motley crew of artists and craftspeople that he's put together."

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     18 Apr: Katy Perry thinks social media is “the decline of human civilisation”
     18 Apr: Shay Mitchell is considering having a second child
     17 Apr: Hilary Duff says breastfeeding is “really hard”
     17 Apr: Paul Mescal has quit Instagram
     17 Apr: Jodie Turner-Smith says being a mother has made her “advocate ever harder” for herself
     17 Apr: Alicia Keys and her husband learned to “give each other space” whilst isolating at home amid the COVID-19 pandemic
     17 Apr: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, is set to make “private arrangements” to mark Prince Philip’s life as she is unable to attend his funeral
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    High jumper Hamish Kerr's just grateful to be doing what he loves More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The first flights in the Trans-Tasman travel bubble will take to the skies tomorrow More...



     Today's News

    Rugby League:
    A clean-sweep for New Zealand's three sporting franchises in Australia 6:26

    Rugby League:
    The Warriors have secured a nail biting 20-14 NRL victory over the in form Dragons in Sydney 21:56

    Motoring:
    Delays for Auckland motorists tonight, because of a breakdown in the Victoria Park Tunnel 21:16

    Rugby League:
    The Warriors have a 12-8 half time lead over the Dragons in their NRL clash in Sydney 18:56

    Rugby League:
    Redemption for the Warriors in Sydney 18:36

    Basketball:
    Breakers guard Will McDowell-White's still finding his feet in black and blue 18:26

    Netball:
    A slow start hurt the Central Pulse in tonight's ANZ Premiership netball match against the Northern Stars in Palmerston North - with the Stars claiming a 57-53 win 18:16

    Cricket:
    The North versus South hockey series will go down to the wire on Tuesday - with both the men's and women's series locked at one all after day two in Hamilton 18:06

    Law and Order:
    Police in Auckland have arrested a 27 year old man in relation to a serious assault that happened on Friday evening 17:36

    Health & Safety:
    Proposed funding changes for pre-natal doctor's visits have been condemned by one advocate 17:26


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd